Are you interested in what Moser Medical has to offer? Get in touch with your own personal consultant.
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
FUT refers to a procedure for extracting donor hair at the extraction point, during which a single elliptical hair strip is removed from the donor area. That is why FUT is also often referred to as “strip technique”. It involves a world-leading type of treatment proven for decades. The transplantation and placement takes place in an identical manner with FUT and FUE techniques – only the extraction of hair is different.
Extraction and preparation
A narrow hair strip is extracted in the donor area on the lower part of the back of the head at the beginning of treatment. Afterwards, specialists (up to 17 per treatment) simultaneously precisely prepare every single follicular unit under high-resolution monitor microscopes – for better growth after treatment and an optimal healing process.
Provision with nutrient solution
During the period from the extraction up until the actual hair transplantation, the FUs are stored in a special holding solution (Storage Solution) in order to immunise them against growth disturbances. Moser Medical received the Platinum Follicular Award – the world’s most important award in the hair restoration surgery segment – for their research results in this field. Years of experience, qualified personnel and the use of the latest technology are crucial for successful transplantation of one’s own hair.
The donor area is closed by a cosmetic suture. This can be removed by us – or your family physician – after a few days. An innovative closure technique (“tricophytic closure”) ensures that the extraction area is generally invisible. Thanks to this “growing-through technique” the patients enjoy more freedom in the choice of their hairstyle, regardless of whether it is a long or short haircut.
The recipient area (bald or thinning areas) is prepared with tiny, roughly pore-size apertures (tiny slits). In the next step, hair specialists transfer the FUs to the recipient area, whereby the instruments are precisely adapted to the hair structure during the treatment.
The need for treatment at a glance
- A comprehensive medical consultation – during which the hairline is drawn together with the patient – takes place before the treatment.
- The treatment takes only approx. 3 to 7 hours.
- The extraction of the hair roots to be transplanted from the fringe of hair (= donor area) occurs at the beginning.
- Assistance teams (up to 17 specialists per treatment) prepare the hair roots in their naturally grown groups (FUs) under high-resolution monitor microscopes.
- During the period from the extraction up until the hair is transplanted, the FUs are stored in the so-called “Storage Solution”, a special holding solultion. This immunises the hair roots against growth disturbances.
- Now the recipient area is prepared with tiny apertures (slits).
- The prepared FUs are finally implanted on all bald or thinning areas defined beforehand; the direction of hair growth has to be taken into consideration. The hair bordering on the forehead is given special attention in this connection.
- Finally, the Bioregeneration Solution – another important medical product from Moser Medical research – is sprayed on. It promotes hair growth, strengthens the hair roots and accelerates the healing process.
- A final discussion takes place immediately after treatment. Then you can go home in company or in a taxi.
- Two days after your treatment you can wash your hair again. Your hair is now in a resting phase. The roots of new hairs gradually start to develop 4 to 6 months after your treatment.
- The final result can be seen after approximately 12 months. By then your permanent robust hair has grown again and is already a few centimetres long.
Your Moser Method advantage
- Experience: hair transplantation specialist since 1979 – more than 30 years.
- Quality: Moser Method – only with Moser are patients always one step ahead. We do not take part in any hype. We work with foresight and due to our experience we know how our patients will look in 10, 20 or more years.
- Quantity: up to 4,500 FUs (follicular units) in only ONE treatment session.
- Top-rate performance: internationally recognised top physicians and a team of 17 experienced assistants.
- Recognised: with the Platinum Follicle Award – the “Oscar” of hair restoration surgery – as well as many other international awards which corroborate the work as innovation leader.
- Top hygiene: as a private clinic, Moser Medical exceeds the highest European standards and general hospital standards. Moser Medical regularly undergoes public supervision.
Compare for yourself: FUT vs. FUE