Individual-unit extraction: FUE Technique with the HYRO Instrument
Folicular Unit Extraction is a procedure for obtaining donor hair from the donor site in which hair folliclces are removed one at a time. Moser Medical is the first in Austria to offer the innovative Hybrid Rotation Oscillation Instrument (HyRO), which enables a particularly gentle, high-quality treatment.
FUE Treatment Procedure
Doctor consultation and personal support
Before the transplantation there will be a comprehensive discussion with the doctor, during which you will make a decision regarding your optimal hairline. During the entire treatment you will be accompanied by your personal medical assistant, who will prioritise your comfort and assist you in any way possible.
The duration of the process depends on the extent of the hair transplant (how many FUs are required). It usually lasts between one and three hours.
Head shaving and removing of individual hair follicles
In order to ensure that the individual hair extraction is as precise as possible, the hair on the back of your head must be shaved to a length of no longer than 1mm. It is the patient’s decision if they want to shave their entire head for aesthetic reasons or if they want to leave the rest of their hair style intact.
After shaving the donor site, the extraction of individual to-be-transplanted hair roots (FUs) from the donor site (the hair crown) begins. Moser Medical uses a highly modern HyRO device to perform the extraction. The extra-fine (0.8-0.9mm) needle of the device is equipped with two unique elements: 1)The tip does not rotate completely around its own axis, but oscillates, or shakes, in a semi-circular motion. 2) At the end of the tip is a rounded curvature instead of a sharp knife. The device can be set to either shaved or buzzed, depending on the surface of your skin.
The combination of all of these features ensures the most advanced and gentle form of FUE treatment currently possible. The use of HyRO minimises the risk of damage to hair root units during removal, reduces the required extraction depth, and - unlike traditional instruments - obtains valuable skin tissue around the hair root, resulting in a very high growth rate.
With the FUE technique, follicle units of 1-3 hairs are removed one at a time, directly out of the head skin. This technique takes several hours due to the elaborate precise removal of the individual hair roots. In addition to using a local anaesthetic, our doctors have extensive experience and take the utmost care during the procedure. This ensures that you will not feel the anything throughout the entire process.
Preparation and storage of individual hair roots
Our medical teams of up to 15 specialists use high-resolution microscopes to prepare the extracted roots (FUs) for the transplant by organising them into their natural groupings. During the time between the extraction and the transplantation, the hair roots are stored in the "Storage Solution", a special nutrient solution developed by Moser Medical Research, from the extraction until the transplantation. This immunises the hair roots against growth disorders. Meanwhile, the doctor prepares the transplant area with tiny openings (slits/incisions).
Precise transplantation of individual hair roots
At the end of the treatment, the prepared FUs are transplanted into previously defined bald or thinning areas. During this stage, the hair surgeon takes into account the direction of growth to create a natural look. Thanks to the particularly high-quality precision instruments, we can take hair direction or curled locks into account even when making the initial incisions. This way we can achieve particularly high hair density. Patients benefit from the utmost care and decades of know-how from the entire medical team.
Well-being includes the following:
You can sleep, listen to your favourite music on an iPod, or you are welcome to chat with our medical team. You are welcome to have a snack, drink, or to use the bathroom at any time.
Follow-up care for optimal growth rates
Finally, BioRegeneration (an important medical product from Moser Medical Research) is sprayed on. This promotes hair growth, strengthens hair roots, and speeds up the healing process.
Directly after the transplantation, patients can return home or to a hotel, either with accompaniment or with a Taxi.
Two days after the treatment, you can wash your hair, comfortably go out in public, go to work, and and perform simple tasks.
In the coming weeks, your hair will be in a resting phase. A little after a month, you will be able to be able to resume sports and other strenuous activities.
Around 4-6 months after the hair transplantation, the roots will begin to develop new hair. During this phase, you will notice improved growth almost daily. The end result will be visible around 8-12 months after the procedure. At this point previously thin or bald spots will be replaced with permanently growing hair.
FUE at a glance
- Individual hair extraction
- Revolutionary HyRO instrument
- It is only necessary that you shave the back of your head
- After a week, surgical wounds will no longer be visible
- Length of procedure: 6 - 8 hours
Individual hair extraction with the HyRO device
The highly modern HyRO device features an extra-fine (0.8-0.9mm) needle of the device is equipped with two unique elements: 1)The tip does not rotate completely around its own axis, but oscillates, or shakes, in a semi-circular motion. 2) At the end of the tip is a rounded curvature instead of a sharp knife. The device can be set to be either shaved or buzzed, depending on the surface of your skin.
The combination of all of these features ensures the most advanced and gentle form of FUE treatment currently possible. With the FUE technique, follicle units of 1-3 hairs are removed one at a time, directly out of the head skin. The use of HyRO minimises the risk of damage to hair root units during removal, reduces the required extraction depth, and - unlike traditional instruments - obtains valuable skin tissue around the hair root, resulting in a very high growth rate.
Donor-hair extraction area
The FUE method requires a much larger donor-hair extraction area than the FUT method (approximately 5 times larger for the same amount of FUs). Extraction following the FUE method can be done for long hair as well as short hair, but in both cases a shaved head (max hair length of 1mm) is required. Completely shaving the extraction area can greatly simplify the extraction process. The small incisions made during the procedure heal on their own. During a Moser Medical extraction via HyRO device, the instrument itself does not need to go as deep in the skin as is the case with classic FUE instruments. This reduces the formation of dot-shaped micro-scars. Additionally, in contrast with the FUT technique, no sutures are required for FUE treatment.
The Exclusive Advantages of Moser Medical
- Experience: Hair transplantation specialist since 1979.
- State-of-the-art FUE technique: Revolutionary HyRO-extraction is the first provided in Austria.
- Shaved head: For an FUE extraction, the donor-hair area must be shaved. There is no need to shave hair on the top of your head.
- Gentle procedure: Extraction with the Hybrid Rotatry Oscillation Instrument (HyRO) is gentler than any other contemporary FUE technique. The donor-hair extraction area is treated more gently, minimising the amount of possible damage to hair roots.
- Best growth rate: By taking the utmost care during the HyRO extraction, in addition to the external preparation - including storing follicles in a nutrient soultion - Moser Medical achieves maximum growth rates, making the FUT technique comparable with FUE treatments.
- Highest possible precision: Since Moser Medical has a medical team with 15 full-time permanent employees, we can relieve specialist staff during the treatment if necessary. This ensures you recieve maximum attention even during long FUE sessions.
- Quality: At Moser Medical we are always a step ahead, but you can be sure that we aren’t merely following the latest trend. We are future oriented, working constantly with our focus on the best possible results for our patients. Our experience helps us picture how our patients will look in 10, 20, or more years.
- Top Hygiene: As a state-licensed private clinic, Moser Medical fulfills the highest European standards and the AKH Standard. Moser Medical regularly undergoes public inspections.