Are you interested in what Moser Medical has to offer? Get in touch with your own personal consultant.
FUE is a procedure for extracting donor hair , during which hairs are extracted individually from the donor area with a special instrument. The transplantation hair takes place in an identical manner with FUT and FUE techniques – only the extraction of hair is different.
Extraction and preparation
With the aid of a special instrument, hundreds or thousands of small circular incisions are made in the skin around the follicular units in order to extract the individual follicular units directly from the scalp. This process is repeated until the number of FUs desired for the treatment has been extracted. Despite improved instrument technology, the risk that follicular units are damaged and therefore grow poorly after implantation is greater than with the FUT technique. The parts of the follicle under the skin are poorly visible to not visible at all, or they are often too closely together.
In comparison with the FUT technique, the extraction of hair by means of FUE not only necessitates a much larger donor area (roughly five times the area for the same number of FUs), but is also considerably more time-consuming. This is why the costs with FUE treatments are higher than with FUT. The extraction using the FUE technique can be carried out with long hair as well as short hair. Shaving the donor area is unnecessary, but can simplify the hair extraction. The small holes arising from the treatment heal by themselves. In contrast to the FUT technique, no suture is necessary with FUE. However, with FUE hundreds to thousands of tiny scars remain on the back of the head. But as a rule they are invisible – if it is ensured that enough hair to cover the micro-scars is left behind in the donor area during the extraction.
The extracted hair roots are immediately implanted after the extraction – as a rule, without intermediate step – on the bald spots on the head. The FUE treatment can last one or more hours and can be spread out over two consecutive days in the event of larger interventions.
The course of treatment at a glance
- A comprehensive medical consultation – during which the hair line is drawn - together with the patient – takes place before the treatment.
- Depending on the number of hairs to be implanted, the treatment takes approx. 5 to 8 hours.
- In the event of particularly large interventions, the treatment can be spread out over two consecutive days.
- The individual extraction of follicular units (FUs) to be transplanted from the fringe of hair at the back of the head (= donor area) is carried out.
- The recipient area is prepared with tiny apertures (slits) immediately after the extraction.
- The extracted hair roots are – as a rule – inserted without intermediate step in the prepared slits.
- Finally, the Bioregeneration Solution – another important medical product from Moser Medical research – is sprayed on. It promotes hair growth, strengthens the hair roots and accelerates the healing process.
- A final discussion takes place immediately after treatment. Then you can go home in company or in a taxi.
- Two days after your treatment you can wash your hair again. Your hair is now in a resting phase. The roots of new hairs gradually start to develop 12 to 14 weeks after your treatment.
- The final result can be seen after approximately 12 months. By then your permanent robust hair has grown again and is already a few centimetres long.
Your Moser Method advantage
- Experience: hair transplantation specialist since 1979 – more than 30 years.
- Quality: at Moser we are always one step ahead. We do not take part in any hype. We work with foresight – due to our experience we know how our patients will look in 10, 20 or more years.
- Quantity: up to 2,500 FUs (follicular units).
- Top-rate performance: internationally recognised top physicians and a team of 17 experienced assistants.
- Recognised: with the Platinum Follicle Award – the “Oscar” of hair restoration surgery – as well as many other international awards which corroborate the work as innovation leader.
- Top hygiene: as a private clinic, Moser Medical exceeds the highest European standards and general hospital standards. Moser Medical regularly undergoes public supervision.
MOSER MEDICAL stands for your security – medically, aesthetically, lifelong.
Compare for yourself: FUT vs. FUE