Individual-Unit Extraction / FUE Method
A gentler procedure than ever before!
There has never been such a gentle hair transplant with the same excellent growth rate. Moser Medical, pioneers in hair transplants, once again put innovative technologies and new treatment methods to use for the good of our patients. The choice is yours: we offer strip extraction (FUT) or follicular unit extraction (FUE) with the same incredible growth guarantee!
We perform up to 3 FUE-HyRO procedures every day. The combination of 40 years of experience and the most modern extraction methods ensure the best possible results in each procedure – that’s a promise.
Exclusive advantages of Moser Medical
You benefit from:
- Austria’s most experienced FUE medical team: With 2-3 FUE procedures every day and a total of around 1,000 FUE procedures, Dr. Markus Horacek and Dr. Franz Veit are Austria’s most experienced surgeons in the area of modern FUE techniques. There are hardly any other clinics or doctors in the world that perform so many FUE extractions per day.
- The best value for money: Thanks to our particularly gentle and safe extraction, and the perfect preparation and careful transplantation into the smallest, pore-sized openings. Add in our unique Bio-Regeneration solution, developed by the Moser Medical research team, that promotes growth in the days following treatment. We guarantee >93 % hair growth rate!
- Safe and gentle: The HyRO extraction instrument combined with the experience of our FUE doctors results in the most gentle, safest extraction possible.
- Get back to everyday life: If requested, we shave only the donor area to allow you to cover it with your surrounding hair – allowing you to style it as you always do and enjoy your everyday life.
- Sport and exercise after max. 14 days: Gentle, safe individual follicular unit extraction is so simple and easy on your body that you can enjoy light exercise and endurance sports after just 10 days.
You will avoid:
- Multi-day procedures: Our large medical team allows us to perform even extensive FUE procedures in just a single day.
- A lack of donor hair in the future: Our gentle extraction techniques mean only exactly as many follicle units as needed for a natural result are extracted. Enough donor hair is left for possible future procedures.
- Styling constraints: Because you won’t have any scarring on the back of the head, you can wear your hair as short as you like.
- Hair loss through injury/trauma to the hair roots during extraction that result in roots that won’t produce new hair after transplantation.
Individual extraction procedure
Detailed consultation and care on the day of your procedure
Before your hair restoration procedure you will have a detailed conversation with your doctor to determine the best new hairline for you. Throughout your entire day with us, you will be accompanied by your personal medical assistant, who will happily take care of whatever you need.
The duration of your extraction depends on the extent of the FUE hair transplant (number of FUs required) and usually lasts 1-3 hours.
Shaving of the head and extraction of the hair follicles
In order to be able to precisely extract hair roots, the hair on the back of the head must be shaved to a maximum length of 1 mm. Moser Medical patients are free to have their whole head shaved, or only the donor area at the back of the head.
After shaving, the individual follicle units (FUs) are extracted from the back of the head (donor area). At Moser Medical, we extract FUs using a state-of-the-art HyRO instrument that features an extra-fine 0.8-0.9 mm tip and two special features. The tip does not rotate completely around its own axis (“drill”), but rather oscillates in a semi-circular motion. At the end of the tip is a rounded curvature instead of a sharp knife. The instrument can be set to be either smooth or serrated, depending on the surface of your skin.
The interplay between all of these features allows for the most advanced and gentle form of FUE procedures presently known. Thanks to our years of experience and the use of the HyRO instrument, almost no hair roots are damaged during extraction. And in contrast to classic instruments, valuable skin tissue around the hair root is preserved during extraction due to the lower depth of extraction. This subsequently allows for a very high rate of healthily growing hair.
During FUE, the follicle units are removed individually from the scalp in groups of 1 to 3 hairs. This technique takes several hours due to the elaborate, precise removal of the individual hair roots. Due to our doctors’ experience and their utmost care, in combination with local anesthesia, you won’t feel a thing.
Preparation and storage of the follicle units
Our medical team uses high-resolution microscopes to prepare the extracted follicle units (FUs) for the hair restoration. During the time between the extraction and the transplantation, the FUs are stored in our “Storage Solution”, a special nutrient solution developed by Moser Medical.This immunizes the hair roots against growth disorders. Meanwhile, the doctor prepares the transplant area with tiny openings (slits/incisions).
Precise transplantation of individual FUs
The prepared FUs are then transplanted onto the predefined bald or thinning areas on the head. Our experienced surgeons take into account the direction of growth to ensure a natural look. Thanks to the especially fine precision instruments used, we can observe the whorl and structure of the hair, as well as the direction of growth at the time the hair is being transplanted. This contributes to especially high hair density. Moser Medical patients benefit from the highest level of care and our entire medical team’s decades of experience.
For your well-being:
You will be conscious during your procedure. You can sleep, listen to your favorite music on an iPod or even talk to our medical team. You can have snacks or drinks, or go to the restroom at any time.
Post-care for the highest growth rate and the best results
Finally, the area is sprayed with BioRegeneration, an important medical solution developed by Moser Medical’s research team. It promotes hair growth, strengthens the hair roots, and accelerates the healing process.
Once their hair transplant is finished, patients can return home or to their hotel the same day – accompanied by a companion or by taxi.
Your hair can be washed two days after the procedure, and you can get back to work and light activities.
Over the coming weeks, the hair will be in a resting phase. After a little more than a month, sports and strenuous activities are again possible without special restrictions.
About 4-6 months after your hair transplantation, the roots will begin to develop new hair. During this phase, patients can see progress toward their end result almost daily. The end result can be seen after 8-12 months when strong hair has grown back in the previously bald or thinning areas.
- The most gentle method of individual hair extraction
- Revolutionary HyRO instrument
- Shaving of the back of the head required
- Get back to everyday life after max. 1 week
- Length of procedure: 4-8 hours
Individual extraction with the HyRO instrument
The state-of-the-art HyRO instrument features an extra-fine 0.8-0.9 mm tip and two special features: unlike classic FUE instruments, the tip does not rotate completely around its own axis (“drill”), but rather oscillates in a semi-circular motion. Plus, the end of the tip is round instead of a sharp knife. The instrument can be set to be either smooth or serrated, depending on the surface of your skin. The interplay between all of these features allow for the most advanced and gentle form of FUE procedures presently known. Thanks to our years of experience and the use of the HyRO instrument, almost no hair roots are damaged during extraction. And in contrast to classic instruments, valuable skin tissue around the hair root is preserved due to the lower depth of extraction, which subsequently allows for a very high rate of healthy growing hair. Follicle units of 1-3 hairs are extracted with this method. The use of a HyRO instrument minimizes damage to the hair roots during extraction, reduces the required extraction depth, and – unlike traditional instruments – retains valuable skin tissue around the hair root, resulting in a very high growth rate.
The FUE method requires a much larger donor site than the FUT method (approximately 5 times larger for the same number of FUs). Extraction following the FUE method can be done for long hair as well as short hair, but in both cases a shaved head (max hair length of 1mm) is required (except for the long hair FUE method). Completely shaving the extraction area can greatly simplify the extraction process.
The small incisions made during the procedure heal on their own. During a Moser Medical extraction using a HyRO instrument, the device itself does not need to go as deeply into the skin as is the case with classic FUE instruments, reducing the formation of dot-shaped micro-scars. Additionally, in contrast with the FUT method, no sutures are required for FUE procedures.
- Strip extraction (FUT)
Follicular unit transplantation is the process of extracting donor hair in one single elliptical-shaped strip of hair from the donor site.
Hair transplant consultation
The fastest way to expert consultation. Moser Medical offers medical consultation Contact us to schedule a hair consultation in our clinic in Vienna. Or, set up a free telephone/video chat consultation with us.
Free consultation in Austria
The fastest way to expert information. Moser Medical offers medical consultation, including hair analysis, at seven locations across Austria. Contact us today to schedule a personalized hair consultation near you.